Volunteering with Central Oregon Youth Development, Inc. might be the perfect fit for you! Listed below are our current and continual volunteer and support needs. If you are interested, download and submit the volunteer application or contact us for more information.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
– Prepare a meal one time per month for The Landing. This requires cooking for 25-30 people and delivering the meal in time to be served at 4:30pm Monday thru Thursday at The Landing site, 450 SE Fairview Street. (Contact us to serve)
– Tutor a student at The Landing once per week. This requires basic knowledge of middle school and high school subjects and a free hour between 3-6pm. Don’t worry if you don’t know it all, just share what you can and help where you are able. (Contact us to serve)
– Provide a lesson or set of lessons to the students at The Landing. The students are eager to hear from those of you in the real world! Come in and offer your expertise regarding any number of subjects. An hour or two on a given day or whatever time you have for several days, a period of weeks, anything at all; we are open to your suggestion and would love to hear from you. (Contact us to serve)
– Read to grade school students at After the Bell once per week. Can you read? then you can help! We need additional reading helpers at After the Bell for our 1-hour reading and homework time, after each school day. (Contact us to serve)
– Assist with science experiments at After the Bell once per week. Join us for the fun of science exploration. We need extra adult supervisors and helpers during our nightly science experiment time. (Contact us to serve)
Continual Donation Needs:
– Non-perishable snack food, ie: Chips, cookies, popcorn, granola bars, etc…
– School supplies, ie: Paper (notebook and printer), pencils, pens, erasers, markers, notebooks, etc…
– Paper products and cutlery. ie: Plates, cups, plastic spoons & forks, etc…
Please download and submit our volunteer form to join us in serving the youth of Central Oregon!